Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Flu, Skiing, and Cleaning

Told ya this month was going to be hectic...

Two weeks ago about half the family (the boys) had the flu. The younger girl got it a little bit but the older one and I did not. Yay!

Everyone was better in time to go on our vacation though. We went skiing last week.

This week has been a blur of trying to get everyone caught up on homework that was missed due to illness and/or vacation. I think just the little guy is left. We did quite a bit last night but then he just was fed up with it so, hopefully, we'll get it finished tonight. Or maybe not since I'm working. Maybe this weekend then.

Next week my husband and I are going out of town again for a business conference and the Grandmas will be running the place. So I need to get to the store this weekend and stock up for them.

The good news is: We got home late last Friday from skiing and I got everything out of the suitcases and in laundry piles or in the kids' baskets to be put away on Saturday. I did not get the laundry all done as I still had to go get the dog from boarding and take the older girl to her basketball game. Then Sunday I had to work. I did get the laundry done on Monday but just getting everything unpacked and the bags put away the next day counts as a SUCCESS for me!

Also, my mother-in-law's tv quit working on her. The only reason this is good is that meant we brought the one up from downstairs (which really hadn't been used for months) and that left the entertainment center down there free for us to bring to our living room. So Monday I also transferred all our electronic components from our old, crappy entertainment stand to the nicer, bigger one! Apparently, I even got all the speakers hooked up correctly! What a pain in the tushy, that was. All total, it took me a couple of hours. That includes vacuuming and revacuuming and dusting and moving. Then I even went thru all our dvd's and rearranged those and dusted the shelves and vacuumed under those shelves. It looks nice now though. Except I have a small pile of dvd's that we've replaced with BluRays just sitting on the top of one of the shelves. I don't like to just get rid of those without my husband's ok since he is the dvd person.

Tuesday I finished vacuuming the rest of the place. Which wouldn't be newsworthy except I had to change the bag in the middle of doing that and while I was changing the bag, something came up that I had to go take care of right away. When I went back to the vacuum I just turned it on and ~POOF~ all the dust shot out at me because I had forgotten to put another bag on first so I got to vacuum that area again. That was lovely. The dog just sat and looked at me like I was a moron.

Wednesday, I worked in my downstairs office all day. I cleared off the desk, scanned just a few things, uploaded a couple of cd's onto the computer. But the main thing I did was set up a mail center. I'll tell you more about that tomorrow. I'm very proud. It's not pretty but I'm HOPING it works. I despise mail and I need this to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment