Monday, January 7, 2013

Check the Dates!

Last night I made grilled cheese sandwiches. I was going to have tomato soup (out of a can ~ sorry!) for one of the kids and me and chicken noodle soup for the others. Unfortunately, when I opened the can of tomato soup and poured it into the bowl, the soup was a brownish color. Yuck! Not at all what I was hoping for.

So I looked at the date stamped on the can - "2008!" What! I knew we didn't eat canned soup all that often, but  I swear I've cleaned out the pantry many, many times! I just don't think I thought to look at the dates on the soup cans. Normally, I'm just organizing what I have.

So cleaning out the pantry just got moved up to a higher priority! I'm also going to inventory everything and do a freezer/pantry challenge to get things eaten up. You know ~ BEFORE they go bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment